IMPROVBOY Online & Print Marketing
“Where inspiration and science create brilliant solutions.”
Adding Social Media Share Buttons to Magento WordPress Integration Pages
Add Social Media Share Buttons to Fishpig’s Magento WordPress Integration
Fishpig’s Magento WordPress Integration is a real life saver for people who want to incorporate WordPress with their Magento store. Many times it is easier to produce CRM pages, articles or a blog with WordPress than with the native Magento CRM pages and blocks. However, there are some limitations with the Magento WordPress Integration. Unfortunately there are not a whole lot of plugins that will work with it. One of the things that was needed on one of my client’s websites were social media share links for its pages and posts.
Here’s how to do it:
1. In template/wordpress/page/view.phtml, just under the page or post title, I added the following:
The above is calling for the current page’s url, and the
<h3></h3> is just confirming that I am calling everything correctly.
2. Thanks to Inchoo’s article on “Simple Social Sharing Buttons in Magento” (http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/simple-social-sharing-buttons-in-magento/), I was able to create the following social share links. Now these are share links, not like links, which is OK.
You will see above that I just put in a fictitious image file where you can put an image. You can place your own image there, or check back soon for graphics that will be available for download.
3. Print settings:
If nothing is done except putting the top line on the page, then the page is not printed in a friendly manner. To make the WordPress page print friendly, I added the following code just above the
<h1></h1> page title tag:
Then I added the following code to my template’s css file:
4. Important Note:
*In order to have a Pinterest share button, there must be a featured image for every single WordPress page – no exceptions. If this is not doable, then the Pinterest button needs to go away.
*The “Email This” button does not open a new tab if the person is using gmail or another web-based email program. The only thing that opens a new window properly is if they use a desktop app like Outlook.
- How To Install Magento 2 on Centos Server
- No PO Box for Shipping in Checkout
- Add Social Media Share Buttons to Magento WordPress Integration Pages
- Magento 1.9 New Registration Error: Please Make Sure Your Passwords Match
- Why is My ionCube Loader Not Working?
- Find the PHP Version on Your Server & Website
HTML & CSS Articles
Beaver Builder Theme Articles
Divi Theme Articles
Graphic Art Articles
Head Programmer and Graphic Artist
[et_social_follow icon_style="slide" icon_shape="rounded" icons_location="left" col_number="auto" outer_color="dark"]